Fordson Super Dexta
This first pattern is for a Fordson tractor at a scale of 1:8. More specifically it’s a model of the 1960s Fordson Super Dexta. This model has a number of challenging components, for example its working steering rack. In order to build this model, you will need expert woodworking skills and it will definitely work in your favour if you have experience in making wooden models. Needing these skills should not discourage you as the documentation of this build is very thorough and consists full scale 2D plans as well as a 3D overview. Additionally, a SketchUp model is made available upon purchase which you can consult using the free to download corresponding software. Furthermore there is a blog about the build on the Lumberjocks forum.
Size is aprrox. 35(L) x 22(W) x 25(H) (with exhaust) cm.
NOTE: This plan is provided as a zip file for which a download link will be emailed to you automatically upon payment. Important Details about Plans
In total the set of documents exists of:
- Free to download video of a finished model (See below) (by Dutchy)
- Free to download animation video of the building process in 3D (See below) (by Ducky)
- Extensive 2D plans (45 pages) in PDF at full scale (by Dutchy)
- Templates (18 pages) from most of the parts in PDF at full scale (by Dutchy)
- 3D component breakdowns (92 pages) in PDF (by Ducky)
- Original SketchUp model file. If you want to use this file it is necessary that SketchUp is installed on your computer. See also the F.A.Q.
To give you an example of the mentioned documents we offer a free sample download, which should allow you to build the entire engine block.
Above video is made by Alex Kara
Above video is made by Phenrica