This forklift is a difficult build, which you can compare to the Fordson tractor. The beams and forks are movable. The pattern is drawn with Fusion360 software, the benefit of this is that assemble and 3D views are integrated in the build plan. You will need expert woodworking skills to make this model and it will definitely work in your favor if you have experience in making wooden models. Needing these skills should not discourage you as the documentation of this build is very thorough and consists of a full scale 2D plan as well as a 3D overview of each part. Additionally, a Fusion360 3D model is made available on the internet and for almost every part there are full scale templates.
Size of the forklift is approx. 35(L) x 15(W) x 25(H) cm.
NOTE: This plan is provided as a zip file for which a download link will be emailed to you automatically upon payment. Some email programs may treat this email as spam, so please check your spam folder. Important Details about Plans
In total the set of documents exists of:
- Extensive 2D plans in PDF of the forklift on a full scale. Some overviews and assemble views are drawn in a 1:2 scale and most of the body parts in PDF on a full scale
- Templates in full scale from almost all the building parts
- A PDF document with a breakdown overview. (Made by Ducky)
- A 3D overview of the model on the internet, where you can’t only see the model but also rotate, scale, measure and even make a half cut on every position you want. (See link below)
- A video breakdown overview. (Made by Ducky) (See video below)
A 3D overview can be found in the online Fusion360 viewer, click here. Please note that Fusion360 is a graphics intensive environment that requires a modern browser.
Above video is made by Alex Kara