VW Bulli T1
I’m glad to introduce my second pattern. This time it is from a VW Bulli camper T1. This model is less difficult than the Fordson tractor, but still has challenging components. The side doors can be opened. In order to build this model you will need expert woodworking skills and it will definitely work in your favor if you have experience in making wooden models. Needing these skills should not discourage you as the documentation of this build is very thorough and consists a full scale 2D plan as well as a 3D overview. Additionally, a SketchUp model is made available upon purchase which you can consult using the free to download corresponding software. Furthermore there is a blog about the build on the Lumberjocks forum.
Size is approx. 33(L) x 15(W) x 20(H) cm.
NOTE: This plan is provided as a zip file for which a download link will be emailed to you automatically upon payment. Important Details about Plans
In total the set of documents exists of:
- Pictures from the built prototype model in PDF (by Dutchy)
- Free to download animation video of the building process in 3D (See below) (by Ducky)
- Extensive colored 2D plans (47 pages) in PDF at full scale (by Dutchy)
- Colored templates (11 pages) from most of the parts in PDF at full scale (by Dutchy)
- 3D component breakdowns (67 pages) in PDF (by Ducky)
- Original SketchUp model file (by Ducky) If you want to use this file it is necessary that SketchUp is installed on your computer. See also the F.A.Q.
To give you an example of the mentioned documents we offer a free sample download, of the first 3 chapters.
Above two video’s are made by Alex Kara
Above video is made by Phenrica